Monday, October 2, 2017

Period 3 Blog #4

The week of October 4-8 is designated as the Week of Respect in New Jersey to recognize the importance of character education and a positive school climate


Your assignment this week is to copy and paste the following quotations into ascending numerical sequence with one line of space between the quotations (#1-#20) and respond to the following 5 questions:


1. What do you do to show respect?
2. Can you think of a time when you failed to do this?
3. How might someone show a lack of respect for himself/herself?
4. Can you think of someone who stands out by consistently demonstrating
disrespectful behavior? What effect does this have on his/her life?
5. Can you think of someone who stands out by consistently demonstrating
respectful behavior? What effect does this have on his/her life?


6. No one is happy unless he respects himself. - Jean Jacques Rousseau
11. If I trim myself to suit others I will soon whittle myself away. - Anonymous
7. Form a good opinion of yourself and then deserve the good opinion of others. - Anonymous
14. Neither we, nor any other people, will ever be respected till we respect ourselves and we will never respect ourselves till we have the means to live respectfully. - Frederick Douglass
9. Through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing. - Agatha Christie
2. If I am not for myself, who then will be for me? If I am only for myself, what am I? - The Talmud
13. If you want to be respected by others, the great thing is to respect yourself. - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
1. El respecto al derecho ajeno es la paz. Respect for the rights of another, that is peace. – Mexican-American Proverb
5. We must all learn to live together as brothers. Or we will all perish as fools. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
15. Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother which is the first commandment with a promise. – BIBLE, Ephesians 6:1-2
19. Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king. – BIBLE, I Peter 2:17.
18. While we are thus unconstrained in our private intercourse, a spirit of reverence pervades our public acts; we are prevented from doing wrong by respect for authority and for the laws, having an especial regard to those which are ordained for the protection of the injured as well as to those unwritten laws which bring upon the transgressor of them the reprobation of the general sentiment. - IBID Book II, 35, Funeral Speech of Pericles.
8. For those who are always courteous and respectful of elders, four things increase: life, beauty, happiness, and strength. - Buddha, The Dhammapada
17. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies. (The American’s Creed) - William Tyler Page [1868-1942]
20. When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth the separate and equal station to which entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel truths to be self-evident. - Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776
12. If you once forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem. It is true that you may fool all the people some of the time you can even fool some of the people all the time; but you can’t fool all of the people all the time. (To a caller at the White House) - In Alexander K. McClure: Lincoln’s Yarns and Stories [1904], page 124
16. Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments. – BIBLE, Psalm 119:6
4. He who walks in another’s tracks leaves no footprints. - Joan L. Brannon
3. Every action in company ought to be with some sign of respect to those present. - Rules of Civility

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. There are plenty of things you can do to show respect. For example, just holding the door open for someone shows respect. Another way is using manners.
    2. Yes, I can think of a time where i failed to be respectful. One time in school teachers were saying i did something wrong when i didn't and i started freaking out and cursing at them.
    3. There are many ways someone might show lack of respect to himself/herself. For example, people that give themselves scars, cuts, and suicidal things aren't respecting their body . Giving up is not respecting yourself, its not respecting your mindset for your goals in life
    4. Yes, i can think of someone that always has a disrespectful behavior. It affects a lot in their life but then again it doesn't cause it's their life to live to it's what they choose to do.
    5. No, i can't think of someone that is always respectful. I say this because no one is perfect. Once in everyone's life they were disrespectful. But if i did the effect woud be the same as my answer in question 4. Also, it just gives them a better chance to get respect back from others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1.Talk nice to the people, be respectful to your mom and dad also people in school.
    2.Yes i did not respect a lot when i was younger but i learn that i had to and i did.
    3.Acting goofy not being nice to people and the other people have no respect for him/her.
    4.Yes i know a lot of people that been through this stuff and is been bad for them. Like they went to jail problem they got beat by others because theg being disrespectful to their parents.
    5.Yes i do think of someone that was a bad person came to be a good one. Life change for that person their parents came a lot more close to him.
    6. Thats right. I agree in this question because you have to respect yourself first and respect others so they could have some respect for you too.
    7. My opinion of this is not long but ill say that the people need to respect other people and threat them nice so the people can be nice and respectful to them.
    8.I agree in this because this happened to me. I was very disrespectful when i was younger and now i know that respect is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. You show respect by helping out others because there’s always someone out there that will need someone’s help. Also, another way to be respectful by saying please and thank you and just being nice. You can also show respect by just holding the door for anyone, or letting them borrow like your pencil or anything.
    2. A time when I failed to show respect was when I would be younger, I would talk back to my parents and as time went by, I learned to respect them because after all they are my parents and they just want what’s best for me.
    3. Someone might show lack of respect for him or herself by letting other people not respecting their ideas or opinions. They can also show lack of respect if he or she is helping and being their for their friends but their friends won’t do the same for them. Another way they can show lack of respect is if they’re like not respecting their bodies or themselves.
    4. Yes I can think of someone that constantly shows lack of respect to themselves and towards others. They show lack of respect when they just try to put them above everyone else and the way they would talk to someone or when they’re around saying negative comments which makes them just a negative person towards everyone else. It can affect them because then they’re just not happy with themselves and won’t be happy or live how they want to.
    5. Yes I know someone that constantly shows respect, No matter how much people are type mean to this person, he/ she always tries to have a positive vibe towards everything and I think that’s important because nothing affects this person if they’re just happy. Also, this person has good manners and that’s what makes he/she so respectful. The effect this has on their life is that they are always happy and just respecting themselves even if others don’t to this person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1)Something I do to show respect is treat people fairly, also I treat elders and people who are older correctly and i'm respectful to my peers. That is how I show respect to the people around me.
    2)Times i've failed to show respect is sometimes in school. With teachers and my peers i have not been respectful to them. Because I do not feel like dealing with them.
    3) People might show a lack of respect for themselves when they are making the wrong choices. And sometimes when you make bad decisions. You forget you have to respect yourself as well.
    4)Yes I can think of someone who is disrespectful a majority of the kids in the school are and no one is perfect 24/7.
    5) Myself as a person is always respectful to my elders and teacher and most of the time my fellow peers

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. What do you do to show respect?
    To show respect I show people I’m listening while they are talking. Also, I give people the attention they need. I only like to show respect if I am returned the favor. Lastly, I show interest in other people's hobbies.

    2. Can you think of a time when you failed to do this?
    I fail to do this when I'm mad at the person who's asking for respect. Also, I don't show respect when people are disrespectful towards me. Also if I don't like the person I won't show them respect. Lastly, when the person is disrespectful to somebody I care about.

    3. How might someone show a lack of respect for himself/herself?
    Somebody might show a lack of respect for him or herself bye not taking care of themselves. Also by not showing interest in anything or anyone. They also might harm themselves. Lasley they will cut themselves off from anything in the world.

    4. Can you think of someone who stands out by consistently demonstrating
    disrespectful behavior? What effect does this have on his/her life?
    I can easily think of somebody who stands out by constantly disrespecting everyone. This person has no respect for authority or anyone. The effect this has on their life is it makes him an outcast towards everybody else and causes him to have no friends.

    5. Can you think of someone who stands out by consistently demonstrating
    respectful behavior? What effect does this have on his/her life?
    I can also easily think of somebody who stands out by constantly demonstrating respectful Behavior. This person is not a specific person, but rather a group of people. They are the US military and police forces. They constantly risk your lives for the citizens who can't save themselves. The effect it has on their lives is very positive. It can cause them to receive rewards for their courage and bravery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are many different ways that a person can show respect. The ways I show respect is using manners, being helpful, and listening to when someone talks.

    People always fail to show respect. A time I failed to do so was when teachers would be talking I would either be on my phone or not listening to what they were saying.

    A way someone might lack respect for themselves is not taking care of themselves, agreeing to things that you don’t want to do or agree with, putting others needs in front of yours, making others happy when it doesn’t make you happy.

    The effects on someone who is always showing disrespect is them being around constant negativity, but it’s their choice to live life like that so it’s their fault.

    The effects on someone who is always showing respect is they will get respect back and will have respect for themselves. Except people can’t be respectful 24/7 so they will get some negativity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. What I do to show respect is I don’t treat people unfairly. I also listen when people are talking, I don’t talk in between. Most importantly, I use manners. Manners are extremely important to being respectful to others.
    2. A time when I failed to do this was when my friend and I got into an argument. My friend said something to me so I snapped back and it led into an even bigger thing. We didn’t talk for a few days, but we ended up working it out in the end.
    3. They might put themselves down all the time. Doing things by saying they’re not good enough, maybe calling themselves ugly. Maybe they don’t care for themselves either. Like normal hygiene. Not caring about themselves overall.
    4. I can think of a few people but one really stands out. It’s affecting their life because we’re not hanging out as much because of it. I’m the only one in our friend group who gets the attitudes and all of that. It gets pretty bad, and I don’t like dealing with it anymore. All of the rude remarks go to me and me only, never any of my other friends.
    5. One of my other friends is, most of the time, showing respectful behavior. We never fight because we always joke and just laugh about things. She’s also very respectful to my parents and my parents really like her being my friend. We never give each other attitudes or we never roll our eyes at each other, unless we’re joking.





    ReplyDelete
  9. Blog #4

    The way i show respect is by treating people how i like to be treated. I hate when I see people treat other with disrespect and then when they are disrespected they get all but hurt. I hate being disrespected .
    I try not to disrespect people but sometimes it happens. The last time i disrespected someone was a customer at work. We have 12 fuel pumps and i was working 8 of the twelve. I'm running around and trying to help everyone. Someone parks their car and goes inside there is a line at that pump now. Everythings dies down and the person's car is still sitting there. Some older women stays right behind him and starts beeping at him to move. The Lady goes to me “can't you tell him to f**king move”. I then say “no one is in the car if you want to use this pump then you will have to wait”. Her response “ I don't want to f**king wait” my final response “ either use the 11 other pumps or get the hell out ot this store and stop b***ching”
    I feel like girls the most don't show self respect. There will be a really pretty girl and a low life scum bag guy that treats them like crap and for some reason they will for in love with them even tho they know they could get treated way better. I see this happen all the time. It sucks that people fall in love with the crappiest person who treats them with no respect.
    I know many people who show respect to their self and other people. I think it makes them a better person and not only that makes them a happier person. Those that constantly disrespect them self or, to others have very few to no friends and are always lonely. I forsure think being respectful helps having a great life.

    ReplyDelete